Most Roads Blocked by Anti-Peace Forces Opened: Command Post Secretariat.said

Most of the roads that have been closed after the endorsement of the proclamation on the state of emergency by the House of People's Representatives are open, Command Post Secretariat and Minister of Defense Siraj Fegesa said.

In a press briefing he gave yesterday, Siraj said most of the blocked roads are open while the Command Post is working hard to make the remaining few roads open.

According to the Command Post Secretariat, 17 security forces were wounded, 4 vehicles totally burned, 10 public vehicles damaged, and kebele offices gutted.

The Command Post is proceeding according to the plan and the detailed directive issued by the Command Post also holds discussions with communities about how to restore peace and the public have so far been collaborating, according to Siraj.

The public are exposing suspected criminals and advising youth who are participating in illegal activities as they support the state of emergency, he noted.

The Command Post Secretariat called on the people to continue collaborating with the Command Post in order to restore peace and stability in the country.

The proclamation on state of emergency was approved by parliament on March 2, 2018 at protect the Constitution and the constitutional order as well as ensure security and stability of the country.

Addis Ababa March 07/2018(ENA)